Request a Ceremonial Document
A ceremonial document is a proclamation, letter, or certificate that may congratulate, honor, or recognize a city of Manvel resident or organization.
Ceremonial documents are reserved for people, places, or events that positively contribute to the economic, social, or cultural fabric of the City of Manvel.
Ceremonial documents will not be issued if:
- The request promotes campaigns, events, or ideological and political beliefs that are contrary to the policies or laws of the City of Manvel.
- The request is for commercial/for-profit purposes.
- The request conflicts with federally recognized months, weeks, or days of observance.
- The request takes a side/position regarding international disputes or is a subjective statement of ideology.
- The request is for an event that is expected to happen but has not yet been confirmed.
- The request is on behalf of individuals/groups of which the requester has no proven affiliation.
- The request is to replace a damaged or missing document from a previous administration.
*Please allow 21 days for turnaround on Ceremonial Documents.
Ceremonial Document Types
A proclamation (.docx format) or (.pdf format) is an official document on special stationery that is issued for the following occasions:
- Civic celebrations
- Fundraisers benefiting the citizens of Manvel
- Organizations and individuals who have made a significant contribution to society
- Significant events of Manvel-based institutions and companies
- Business anniversaries over 25 years
Proclamations will NOT be issued for:
- Matters of political controversy, ideological or religious beliefs, or individual conviction
- Events or organizations that do not benefit the community of Manvel
- Campaigns or events contrary to City policies or Charter
- Campaigns intended for profit-making purposes
- Business anniversaries under 25 years, weddings, family reunions, retirements, and the deceased
A proclamation is generally 250 to 300 words in length and can be requested in a paragraph or whereas format. Nicknames normally not be included in proclamation titles.
*If a request does not meet the guidelines for a proclamation, the Mayor may approve your request for another type of recognition (congratulations, commendation, recognition, appreciation, welcome, etc.). The Mayor of Manvel will make the final decision on whether a proclamation is issued and whether it will be presented at a City Council meeting or delivered via mail or in person. No Proclamations are issued to non-residents or for a non-Manvel event unless specifically approved by the Mayor.
Letter of Welcome
- Class Reunions for schools and institutions that are located in Manvel, or for reunions that are held in Manvel
- Family Reunions
Letter of Congratulation or Celebration
- Honorary Citizenship - foreign dignitaries, prominent individuals, entertainers, or artists
- Appreciation - outstanding contributions to the City and citizens of Manvel
- Congratulatory – graduation, accomplishment/achievements